This is old news, but I found it interesting enough to put up here because of my obsession with celebrities (although I haven’t been keeping up with them recently).
BrandweekNRX posted about the FTC investigating pharmaceutical companies paying stars “undisclosed” amounts of money to endorse medication. BrandweekNRX has the entire list, but here are some of my favorites:
- Alonzo Mourning of basketball team Miami Heart – Johnson & Johnson’s (J&J’s) Procrit for anemia
- Sally Field, an outspoken activist for osteoporosis awareness – Roche Therapeutics’ Boniva
- Holly Marie Combs of Charmed – Ortho contraceptives for J&J’s subsidiary, Ortho McNeil
- Terry Bradshaw, my beloved football commentator – GlaxoSmithKline’s (GSK) Paxil
- Lorraine Bracco of The Sopranos – Pfizer’s Zoloft