Outdated info crossed out; updated info in bold/italics.
1. I have a weakness for baked goods.
2. Even though I don’t like chocolate, I can devour a tray of freshly baked brownies.
3. I hate store-made brownies except from Friendly’s.
4. I’m totally addicted to vanilla lattes right now.
6. I don’t mind country, but HATE bluegrass.
7. I like Windows-based computers, but am loving my Mac right now.
9. I miss working at a newspaper.
10. I miss getting paid to write articles.
11. The company I work for pays me well and provides really good benefits, but I don’t see myself advancing there.
12. Both my husband and counselor have told me that my
current last job is was not the right job for me.
13. I suffer from bipolar disorder with mixed episodes.
14. Much of my depression and disorder stem from behavioral and cognitive flaws.
15. I’ve tried using 5-HTP to manage my serotonin levels; it didn’t work.
16. I used to commute at least 30 minutes each way by train to Philadelphia.
17. I’m not a fan of Starbucks coffee.
18. I love the Northeast.
19. I’m a New York City fanatic.
20. I’m a NY Yankee fanatic.
21. I hate on Red Sox fans.
22. I like the Phillies.
23. In my preteens, my favorite artist was Paula Abdul. (Let the jokes pour in.)
24. I’ve only had three boyfriends.
25. I became a born-again Christian in the hopes that Jesus would “save” me from suicide and depression.
26. I gained 40 lbs on Paxil and Lexapro despite being skinny my entire life.
27. Exercise did little to offset the problem for a while.
28. I lost 30 of the 40 lbs through the following, in order: cutting out regular soda, eating Healthy Choice/Lean Cuisine for lunch, cutting out diet soda, exercising, being hospitalized and not eating the hospital food, walking to work (30 minutes round-trip) and taking Effexor which effectively eliminated most of my appetite.
29. I’m addicted to celebrity news.
30. I have an incredible amount of respect for Mika Brzezkinski for not leading an MSNBC news program with the Paris Hilton story.
31. I only drink water, tea, vanilla lattes, and vanilla or hazelnut coffee
, and apple juice. I’ll occasionally have diet lemonade from Chick-Fil-A (diet or Crystal Light).
32. I think most of today’s Top 40 hits are awful.
33. I knew about Paul McCartney before I knew about The Beatles.
34. I had a huge poster of The Beatles (the one shown is an exact replica) in college and kissed John Lennon on the lips goodnight every night. (Creepy, I know. Can I use bipolar as an excuse?)
35. I used to handwrite many of my posts on the train then type them up to be published.
36. As a result of #35, I have a ton of backlogged and/or outdated posts.
37. Sometimes I wonder if this blog really means/amounts to anything.
38. I hated not having access to my personal e-mail at
work my last job.
I’ve been typing this for the past I typed this for 15-20 minutes and I’m only at only reached No. 39.
40. I’m a big Madonna fan.
41. Apparently, I’m a “chubby chaser”; all of my boyfriends have been overweight.
42. Two out of my three boyfriends were white, including my current husband.
43. I hate summer for outdoor bugs.
44. I love summer because I don’t deal with the winter bugs that find a way into my apartment.
45. I wish I could be paid to be a career student.
46. I would love to live in France for a year or two.
47. I want to be an editor for a Christian magazine aimed at single women in their 20s and 30s.
48. I don’t want kids. (Now.)
49. I paid a ridiculous amount of money to attend Madonna’s 2006 “Confessions” Tour concert; it was worth it.
50. I worked as an intern in Sen. Hillary Clinton’s New York City office. (To answer your question in advance, I only met her once.)
51. I don’t have any close friends my age living in a 20-mile radius.
52. I met some of my good friends – including my husband – through the Internet.
53. I’m horrible at math.
54. I’m near brilliant in history. (More so than English.)
55. My GPA from college was 3.71.
56. My GPA from high school was 3.85. I’ve gotten dumber as the years have gone by.
57. I’m shy around people I don’t know.
58. I’m a loudmouth around people I’m comfortable with.
59. I want to visit Seattle. (A totally unrelated reason to the cool people who live there.) 🙂
60. I’m terrible at checking and responding to e-mails. Don’t be offended if you don’t hear from me until 5 months from now.
61. I’m socially liberal and… fiscally liberal. However, I have some definite conservative views (that I don’t care to discuss here) that would make me as a moderate.
62. I am an only child.
63. I was embarrassed about my father’s mental illness growing up. I now talk about his illness more readily.
64. I attended NYU for one year.
65. I am my biggest critic and probably dislike myself more than anyone else.
66. I’m afraid that all my coworkers don’t like me.
67. I’d like to write articles by freelancing but I’m not sure how to get into the business.
68. I calorie count obsessively.
69. I watch my weight closely.
70. I participated in AIDS Walk back in high school.
71. As a result of having an uncle who died of AIDS, I am somewhat of a gay activist. (I don’t feel that my beliefs contradict my activist approach.)
72. My initial majors in college were international politics and French; my minor was computer science.
73. I dropped out of international politics when I realized it involved mathematical statistics I could not understand.
74. My worst grade ever was a D+ in Economics.
75. My best grades have always been in History, English, or any foreign language.
76. I was close to being hired by the New York paper Newsday, but dropped my plans with them after deciding to marry my Kentucky-based boyfriend. (I basically had to choose between him or my dream job.)
77. I want the iPhone.
78. I don’t care for watching TV and could pretty much live the rest of my life without one.
79. If I had kids, I probably wouldn’t let them watch TV, but instead, encourage reading.
80. I’d also allow my kids to play video games. (That’s what I get for having a gamer husband.)
81. I’d try to influence my kids’ taste in music like my father influenced me.
82. I hope that if I ever had two kids, one would clearly look Caucasian and the other look African American in the hopes that I could confuse strangers about whether my kids are biological or adopted.
83. If I accidentally became pregnant, I wouldn’t terminate my pregnancy despite my aversion to raising children.
84. I’d become paranoid about my mental state postpartum.
85. I’ve grown apart from my childhood friends to the point where the only thing that ties us together is our history of growing up together.
86. I like fashion.
87. I’m not a fashionista.
88. I love shoes.
89. I have more than 30 pairs of shoes.
90. I almost always carry a pen with me everywhere I go.
91. I’d love to work for a major publication in New York.
92. I’m extremely dependent upon others.
93. I’m a sincere person.
94. Technology gadgets amuse me.
95. I’ve fallen in love with Guitar Hero II.
96. I dazzle interviewers on interviews.
97. I miss living within 20 minutes of the beach.
98. I walk 15 minutes to and from work many days. 99. I rarely think about the fact that I work in the city with the highest murder rate in the country.
100. I think I learned more about myself by completing this.