Has anything changed since I last wrote this back in July 2007? Here are some new, old (in bold), and updated (in red) facts about me.
1. I am 26 years old.
2. I was born and raised in Brooklyn until I was 5 years old then moved to Long Island where I remained until I married at 23. (With intervals of being away at college.)
3. My parents were married til’ death did them part. (My father died in 2001.)
4. I am an only child.
5. My extended family is split between New York and Florida.
6. I am Haitian: ½ African and ½ French. Perhaps Spanish as well.
7. I went to NYU for my freshman year, a strict Christian college in Florida for a year and a half afterward, then received my Bachelor’s degree after attending a private college on Long Island for 2 years.
8. I lived in Kentucky for 7 months and hated it.
9. I live in suburban Philadelphia and love it.
10. I liked my first job out of college as a copy editor at a daily newspaper.
11. My favorite food includes fried plantains, rice and beans, okra, Jamaican beef patties, goat (cabrit), and fried pork (griot).
12. I am (for whatever reason) addicted to coffee and lattés.
13. I usually order French Vanilla or Hazelnut coffee and French Vanilla lattés unless there’s a seasonal flavor like Pumpkin Spice.
14. I attend Christian counseling every other Tuesday at the Christian Counseling Education Foundation (CCEF) in Glenside, PA. (That’s an endorsement!)
15. I’m married to a very loving and supportive husband.
16. I am not athletic. At all.
17. I have a degree in Print Journalism and a minor in English.
18. I have kissed one girl several times when I was under the age of 10.
19. I suffer from bipolar disorder with the pendulum swinging way in favor of depression.
20. I struggle with suicidal ideation.
21. I have stopped counting the number of times I’ve attempted suicide.
22. My favorite font is Tahoma.
23. I am a Bible-believing Christian who is saved by grace in Jesus Christ.
24. I am a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).
25. I want kids but am afraid that I will be a terrible mother who lacks the discipline to raise her children well and in the fear of the Lord.
26. I am incredibly insecure.
27. I am learning that life is “not all about me.” (It’s about God.)
28. I am a big baseball fan.
29. I am a Phillies and Yankees fan. (The two loyalties do not conflict unless both teams meet in the World Series or a special game is played.)
30. I love shopping for handbags and shoes.
31. My favorite time to shop for clothes is in the fall and winter.
32. I hate summer “clothing.”
33. I rarely watch TV.
34. I rarely watch movies.
35. I love organization, organizing, and anything to do with the art of organizing.
36. I enjoy going to Barnes & Noble. (Mainly because I can read a book and drink coffee at the same time, which I can’t do at a library.)
37. I don’t like chocolate except for Betty Crocker Low-Fat Brownies and Hot Cocoa.
38. I am a procrastinator.
39. I am usually late for nearly everything except for a scheduled train.
40. I don’t like receiving flowers. (I think it’s useless to give someone something that will die a day or two later.)
41. I wish I could get paid for blogging. (Google Ads did not work out for me. You can donate, though, using the PayPal button at the top right-hand corner of the index page!)
42. I prefer to buy black clothing because it matches everything.
43. I do not like to wear flat shoes except for flip-flops.
44. My dream job is to be an editor at a magazine that has content which interests me.
45. I want to pursue freelance writing.
46. I can easily feel overwhelmed.
47. I’m not very good at delegating.
48. I calorie-count.
49. I love learning; I wish I could be a career student.
50. I have black hair, dark brown “doo-doo” eyes, and cocoa skin.
51. I am 5 foot and ¾ inches tall.
52. I have severe eczema on my calves and shins.
53. I enjoy making lists. (Can you tell?)
54. I don’t pray or read the Bible as much as I would like.
55. I prefer having long hair.
56. I don’t like to get paid for sitting around and doing nothing.
57. I enjoy naps.
58. I am ambitious.
59. I have a great desire to be in a position of authority and an expert on a specialized topic.
60. I want to be consistent about attending church regularly.
61. I obsess about my weight.
62. I don’t enjoy exercising.
63. I have high cholesterol.
64. I am very bad about keeping in touch with people via telephone or email.
65. I love small dogs.
66. I am terrible managing a group of kids.
67. I worked for a political grassroots organization in New York back in 2000.
68. I have interned at Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s office.
69. I can type 60+ words per minute (wpm).
70. I loathe receptionist/assistant jobs.
71. I have never been “accepted” in a clique.
72. I’ve been told “talk” and “act” white.
73. I don’t read fiction often.
74. I am addicted to McDonald’s Fruit n’ Yogurt Parfaits.
75. I am terrible with math but can (for the most part) manage and balance a budget effectively. (Go figure.)
76. I have several blogs: mental health, 3 personal, thankfulness journal, church sermon summary, exercise, political, and a secret one. In fact, I think I’m forgetting a few.
77. I never had a cavity until I was 25.
78. I prefer Windows over Mac except when it comes to iTunes.
79. I have an iTouch and want an iPhone.
80. I drive 26 miles roundtrip to and from work.
81. I am registered Democrat.
82. I am a conservative socialist. (I am pro-life and pro-government funded programs.)
83. I am often anti-trend.
84. I am kind, generous, loving, and loyal.
85. I don’t like washing dishes.
86. I don’t care for dusting or vacuuming either.
87. I am a “starter,” not a “finisher.” (I sometimes start projects but don’t finish them.)
88. I lack discipline in the following areas:
- prayer time
- consistent Bible reading
- getting up at the same time each morning
- going to bed at the same time each night
89. I have a hard time coming up with more than 50 “things about me.”
90. I prefer to handwrite novels and stories rather than type them electronically.
91. I often use both sides of lined paper.
92. I can surf the Internet or write blog entries for at least 4 hours straight without leaving my chair.
93. I prefer editing over writing. (But I enjoy both.)
94. I don’t like interviewing people.
95. I urinate a lot. (At least 2-3 times an hour.)
96. I love to collect well-designed journals and notebooks even if I’ll never use them.
97. I read young adult (YA) novels to get a sense of how to write a YA novel of my own.
98. I love Victoria’s Secret pants because they’re the only brand I’ve found that fits me well.
99. I am bad about backing up my files on the two computers I own.
100. I used to be addicted to soda.